27/04/2009

Studying Psychology

When I think Why am I studying psychology? I think that I could say two important things: The first is that at the beginning I wasn't too sure that it was my best choose. I could have chosen another career but when I started studying I found some topics, subjects and things to do that really likes me. Moreover, being psychologyst I could work in a lot of different places and work in a lot of different problems. I think that psychology developed my social responsability and that is so important to me.
Psychologyst can help people to a lot of things from help to people reparing their personal problems to help to communities resolving their political problems. Exists psychologysts that helps to improve educational levels in some schools too and many others (but I think that these psychologyst don't help to society too much) that work in companies selecting workers.
In the future, I think that the most important thing that psychologysts need, it's help for their projects and investigations. There is a lot of great ideas that could help to do a better society, but because most of the projects don't have comercial objectives, that projects are rejected. In this way, Psychologysts needs a change in the actual economical thinking.
Finally, along the career, I have had a lot of favourite subjects but if I choose my favourite three I could say: Delevopment Psychology, Social History of Chile and Educational Psychology.

1 comment:

  1. Eduardo,
    You have written a good post in terms of organization and have produced some interesting sentences as far as grammar is concerned, for example: ‘I could have chosen another career, but when I started studying I found…’.
    Studying Psychology
    When I think/ASK MYSELF: Why am I studying psychology? I think that I could say two important things: The first ONE (* SEE (a) BELOW)is that at the beginning I wasn't too sure that/IF/WHETHER it was my best (choose: See (b) BELOW). I could have chosen another career, but when I started studying I found some topics, subjects and things to do that (really likes me: CORRECT THIS: THAT I …). Moreover, being A psychologyst I could work in a lot of different places and (work in: LETTER (c) BELOW a lot of different problems. I think that psychology developed my social responsability and that is VERY important to me.
    PsychologystS can help people (to a lot of things: IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS) from helpING ( ) THEM TO (reparing: WRONG WORD, USE ‘X
    SOLVE/OVERCOME? their personal problems, to helpING ( ) communities ( )solving their political problems. THERE Exist( )/ THERE ARE psychologysts that help( ) (PRONOUN) to improve (POSSESSIVE MISSING) educational levels in some schools, too and many others that work in companies selecting workers, but I think that these psychologystS don't help ( ) society too much)
    , I think that the most important thing that psychologysts WILL need In the future, IS help for their projects and investigations. There is a lot of great ideas that could help to do a better society, but because most of the projects don't have comercial objectives, (that: SEE (d) BELOW) projects are rejected. In this way, Psychologysts needs a change in the actual economical thinking.
    Finally, along the career, I have had a lot of favourite subjects but if I (choose: HAD TO CHOOSE) my favourite three I (could: WOULD) say: Delevopment Psychology, Social History of Chile and Educational Psychology.

    a) When you explain what exactly are two things (or who exactly are two people) that you mentioned before, you can use the words ‘the former’ and ‘the latter’. Ex. I have two brothers, the former … and the latter …..
    b) verb: to choose / adjective: elective / noun: a choice/option
    c) you work in/at a place, for a person/company, on a problem/a topic
    d) We usually use ‘so’ to introduce a result: I was so tired that I went to bed.

    ReplyDelete