29/06/2009

My blog experience

Hello everyone, today I have to write about my long blog experience. I think it’s hard to explain. I guess there are two reasons, a good one and a bad one. First, the good reason; I think that writing blogs it’s a very good exercise for thinking in english, to practice grammar and a lot of things that makes that you improve your english skills. I’m trying to give an “objective” opinion and not my personal vision about write blogs. Now, the bad reason; I don't like English!!! Really I prefer to learn other languages, and really I hate the political strategy that means that people around the world must know english. English it’s not the most important language to me, first I prefer learn Mapudungún, Aymara or Guaraní. To me this is a very important critique to learn english language. I think it’s important that everything we learn has to be useful for our future and I think that I won’t need English language for my future or I’ll try to don’t need it.
However, I couldn’t say that blogging experience didn’t help me to improve my English skills, because it’s very good to practice, in fact I could remember a lot of things that I forgot about writing in English that I learnt at the school.
Certainly I think that writing blogs is a nice method, but sometimes it’s a little boring, this thing sometimes happens because the topics that the teacher propose are a little boring or (like this case) the post could be too extensive. Regards I propose that in other blog experiences, students could choose the topic or make short posts by example to make the blogs experience less heavy, especially for the people that don’t like English.
In my career, I could choose what subjects I want and I think that it’s a very good way, choose that I want to learn and I think that English must be the same form, I really think that.

1 comment:

  1. Eduardo,
    Thank you for your sincere criticism and your sensible suggestions.
    Regarding:
    (1) your dislike for the English language, you should take into account that, whether you like it or not, English is a very important language for many reasons and, mainly, it is the language people from different parts of the world use nowadays to communicate among themselves, both orally and in writing.
    (2) the topics. They were not chosen by me, except for ‘What makes me tick’, which you didn’t do. Now, taking into consideration your suggestion I’ll ask the people in charge to include some free topics.

    Please, compare the meaning of ‘propose’ and ‘suggest’.
    (writing blogs it’s a very ...)/(English it’s not...): What’s wrong with these sentences? Why?
    Here’s your corrected post.

    Hello everyone, today I have to write about my long blog experience. I think it’s hard to explain. I guess there are two reasons, a good one and a bad one. First, the good reason; I think that writing blogs IS a very good exercise for thinking in english, FOR practicING grammar and FOR a lot of things that makE that you improve your English skills. I’m trying to give an “objective” opinion and not my personal vision about writING blogs. Now, the bad reason; I don't like English!!! Really I prefer to learn other languages, and really I hate the political strategy that means that people around the world must know English. English IS not the most important language to me, first I prefer TO learn Mapudungún, Aymara or Guaraní. To me this is a very important critique/CRITICISM AGAINST learnING THE English language. I think it’s important that everything we learn has to be useful for our future and I think that I won’t need THE English language for my future or I’ll try NO TO need it/TRY TO MANAGE WITHOUT IT..
    However, I couldn’t say that THIS blogging experience didn’t help me to improve my English skills, because it’s very good to practice, in fact I could remember a lot of things that I forgotHAD FORGOTTEN about writing in English that I learnt at school.
    Certainly I think that writing blogs is a nice method, but sometimes it’s a little boring, this thing sometimes happens because the topics that the teacher proposES are a little boring or (AS IN this case) the post could be too extensive/LENGTHY. THEREFORE I SUGGEST that in other blog experiences, students could choose the topic or make short posts, FOR example, to make the blog(/) experience less heavy, especially for the people that don’t like English.
    In my career, I could choose what subjects I wantED and I think that it’s a very good way, choosING WHAT I want to learn and I think that English must be the same WAY. I really think that.

    ReplyDelete